PiiA Project Support
One of PiiA’s key roles is supporting RDI-consortiums who wish to undertake project work related to automation and IT for the process industry. We can provide support and advice at every stage of the journey, from lodging the project application, to receipt of the grant, to completion of the project.
Support for projects funded through PiiA
If you are part of project consortium, PiiA and its network can assist you by:
- providing templated intellectual-property-rights (IPR) and consortium agreements. We can also put smaller players in touch with support services to help safeguard their IPR. A templated project consortium agreement can be found here:
- establishing a management framework by arranging for people with suitable skills to join project-management and reference groups. We can also provide support in areas such as evaluating project progress;
- sharing information about successfully funded projects on PiiA’s website, including details of the project concept, project managers, and participating parties;
- periodically following up and evaluating all projects within the PiiA program.
Support for projects declined funded through PiiA
PiiA believes that every project application contains something of worth that can be refined and further developed. We aim to contact the project consortiums involved in each call for proposals and, either directly or through an RDI hub, ensure that their cooperation continues. In this way, proposal can be improved and be resubmitted at a later call or receive funding through other sources.
Support for consortiums applying for funds within the PiiA area
If you are part of a consortium considering applying for funds for research in the broader process-industry IT and automation sector, PiiA can help by:
- putting you in touch with an RDI hub or innovation program that organises projects;
- providing general feedback on the contents of your proposed project, as well as proposing relevant potential partners and funders if the PiiA program is not suitable;
- providing a reasonable amount of direct assistance in helping to create the project.